Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF

Good morning:

The picture here is from our parade in the middle of the summer. It shows an electric car driven by the Shriners. The Shriners are part of the Masons, the topic of Dan Brown's new book The Lost Symbol. I am sure the Masons are upset at Dan Brown, just like the Catholic Church was upset at The DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons, his previous two books.

I finished The Lost Symbol last night. It was indeed a great page-turner. Not to worry, no spoilers here. Like his previous books, he gets preachy in parts as he has characters describe some esoteric part of Masonic ritual.

Like his previous books, the warning in the beginning carries great weight: "All rituals, science, artwork and monuments in this novel are real."

I sure there are tours organizing in Washington D.C. to take people to the sites mentioned in this book. No overseas locations in the book, as it is set in our nation's capitol.

Canning is on my mind today. We have some pears here, as well as an excess of tomatoes, so I will can all of them. I also got another 5 pounds of prunes, but these I will use for a special dessert I found on my Kindle.

Nearing 10:00 am here and time for me to set some breakfast.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment