Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hi again on Hump Day (W)



Hello again:
The two pictures are older cars at the Car Show at Santiam Summerfest. They had only about 20 cars last year, they told me there. But this year well over 200 cars.
The next thing I am canning is 25 pounds of prunes. I put my order in today to get the prunes later this month. I love canned prunes, especially on my cereal in the morning. I do know how to can prunes as I canned many quarts while I was married as I was the only one in my family that liked canned prunes.
Nolan flew to Buffalo New York yesterday and will be gone until Sept 7. He is attending the wedding on Saturday of his nephew.
I picked up six more books from the local library today. I know have nine books here, not many of which I am planning to read before Sept 15 when I get The Last Symbol. I do believe I will read that book in two days so I don't have to read all of these nine books before that day.
Here is a list of the books I have here now:
The Foreigner by Fancie Lin
Cold: Adventures in the World's Frozen Places by Bill Streever
Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town by Nick Reding
Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency by Barton Gellman
Horse Soldiers: The Extraordinary Story of U.S. Soldiers Who Rode to Victory in Afghanistan by Doug Stanton
The Age of Wonder: How the Romantic Generation Discovered the Beauty and Terror of Science by Richard Holmes
Sacred Hearts by Sarah Dunant
The Wilderness Warrior by Douglas Brinkley
Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli (my first effort at reading a graphic novel, a big book of cartoon characters).
I cannot remember where I get many of the recommendations for books now. Some come from The Oregonian; others from The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Yorker. Others come from the Amazon Daily, the blog I get every day my Kindle once I turn on the Whispernet, the cell phone connection inside the Kindle that connects it to Amazon Kindle online.
I know have 29 pages of books and articles on my Kindle. With 12 listed on each page, this means I have 348 items on my Kindle. Most are books but at least 100 are articles I copied to Word, then sent it by email to free.kindle.com and then added to my Kindle by the USB cord that connects to my computer. I would much rather read long and even short articles on my Kindle rather than reading them on my computer screen.
I do hope you enjoy the remainder of your week.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment