Friday, September 18, 2009

Canned again today..

Hi again:

Here is a total of my canning efforts:

18 quarts of peaches
3 quarts of peach syrup
16 quarts of prunes
4 quarts of tomatoes
2 quarts of applesauce
4 quarts of pears

I canned the pears, the applesauce and two more jars of prunes today. All sealed correctly.

It was hot in my kitchen this morning. Heating up the canner, boiling the syrup, and the water for lids. I later headed water for the tomatoes, in order to peal them easier. I then heated up the remaining prunes for stewed prunes. I also have a little applesauce left over, for me to eat fresh.

I want to find some asparagus to can now. I checked the two farm stores here but neither has asparagus for me. I need to check the paper ads this week to find it, I do believe.

Anyone else read The Lost Symbol? I am taking a day off of reading now that I read the 500 page book in 2 days.

I know I used this picture before but the main topic of this blog entry is about my efforts at canning. I will take some pictures of my canned food once I get it all in one place again.

We are heading to the coast on Sunday and will be back Tuesday afternoon. The minus tides are now in the evening for the rest of this year. We will go clamming Sunday night as the minus tide is at 8:00 pm. It will be close to dark by then, and too dark once Standard Time returns.

I do hope you have a good weekend.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment