Saturday, September 5, 2009

Raining all day here

Hi again:

For dinner last night I made pancakes in order to try out my peach syrup. Boy, it is so very good. I used the peelings to make this syrup and it has a very strong fresh peach taste.

The picture here is an art structure in Vancouver BC, near its Chinatown.

There is a talk on clamming in Charleton on Monday but that city is so far from here. I estimate it would take us 3 hours to drive to Charleston so I will wait until the DFW has a meeting closer to us in Stayton.

I was going to visit two garage sales today but the rain is keeping me in. I want to ride my bike to the local sales here. I will keep checking the weather this afternoon.

In reading Methland I find the author relies upon The Oregonian's article Unnecessary Epidemic written by Steve Sue in 2004. In 1986 Congress had the chance to regulate ephedrine but did not, letting Werner-Lambert produce and sell this drug in pill form to anyone who wanted it, including the big cartels in Iowa and Mexico to use it to manufacture meth.

Until about 1980 meth was sold legally in world, including the U.S., mainly as a diet aid.

With all of this rain, I will finish reading this book today. I recommend it highly.

Have a great holiday weekend.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment