Saturday, September 12, 2009

Good morning

Hi:

The next set of pictures appearing on this blog are the new ones from Hubble. NASA released some new pictures from the telescope, showing what it can do now that Hubble was repaired by the Space Shuttle crew last month. This picture shows triple galaxies.

A bifurcated night for me last night. Went to bed around 11:00 and got up, wide awake, at 4:00 am I stayed up for about 2 hours then went back to bed for another two hours. We ate at A & W last night, with me drinking a large glass of root beer. I am sure there was caffeine in it; this is why I do not drink coffee in the afternoon. The caffeine in coffee and other drinks affect me in this way.

We played poker 2 to 3 times a week when I was at Regis. On Sundays, we would play poker and then head to A & W to get 5 cent root beers and 5 cent ice cream cones. We paid for multiple drinks and ice cream with pennies from our poker game. More of a social gathering than serious poker playing. The ante limit was 2 cents and raised could not be more than a nickel.

On Sept 20 we are heading to Depoe Bay for 3 days. This time of year the low tides are in the evening. On the 20th the minus tide is at 8:00 pm so we will go clamming in the evening.

My dried prunes are so very good. I ate a few of them last night.

I gave my dad and step-mother a jar of canned prunes and a jar of canned peaches. I bought all of my canning jars here from an older lady who is moving out of her farm. These are old jars with very thick glass. I bought six dozen of them from her for $20.00.

I will be making some sauerkraut later this week. I got a 10 pound cabbage a few days go. I make this stuff even though I do not like it and will not eat it. I will give some to my dad and can the rest. Then I will give it all away. I made sauerkraut before I went to China. I do this because I have the crock from my dad's house. He did not want it so I took it. So got a recipe from the Internet for making sauerkraut.

I want to can some asparagus if I can find some here. Two of the farm stands near here do not carry asparagus. There is one more farm stand across the Santiam River here; I will check that one today.

If I can find some apples here I want to can some applesauce. I have a great recipe for microwave applesauce.

Time for some breakfast.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment