Saturday, February 20, 2010

Very nice Saturday here...

Hi again:

The picture here is one of Bill's Heaven on Earth pictures of a tunnel with big cliff on top.

It is a very nice day here. I was able to hang my clothes outside today again, and everything gets dry.

I made another apple crisp today. I will not eat it for a few days. I am not hungry too much these days.

I am watching Breakfast at Tiffany's. I have never seen this movie before, with Holly Golightly played by Audrey Hepburn. I recorded 2001 A Space Odyssey and 2010, a sequel to that movie. I recorded the first movie to hear Hal's voice again. I am surprised how many people smoke in these older movies. Kissing a girl who smokes is like licking a dirty ashtray.

I continue to read Nothing to Envy, a story of the people of North Korea. It is the only country left in the world that relies upon collective farms, a throw-back to the old Commie days. It fails to work in North Korea as many people have small gardens and neglect the collective land.

North Koreans have no freedoms at all. It is the worst kind of dictatorship. I am sure the dictator and his minions eat well there, have all the western devices, while the people of his country die from famine by the millions. I thought Mao was a bad dictator but he holds no candle to Kim Jong-il.

I do hope your weekend is going well here.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment