Sunday, November 22, 2009

Where were you????


Hi again:
46 years ago today our world changed like we have seen it change before.
It is amazing I still remember how I found out. I was in the 8th grade ready to give a report on a government official's trip to South America. The phone in our classroom rang, so I did not get up to give my report. Sister Rose Imelda, our teacher and the principal of St. Mary's Grade School, took the call and then told us what was happening in Dallas. I did not give my report. We went to Church for a Mass for our slain president.
I went to Mass the next day too, Saturday. After Mass the priest asked to raise the flag at our school to half staff. From Cub Scouts I remembered you raise the flag to full and then lower it to half.
Our TV then was black and white so we watched TV the entire weekend.
What are your memories of this fateful day?
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment