Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday morning here


Good morning:
The picture here explains itself, I do believe.
It rained hard here yesterday. I decided to ride my bike to the store to get the Sunday paper. Boy did I get wet, even though I was wearing a hat. I had to change clothes upon arriving home after that short bike ride.
I am reading Cheating Death by Sanjay Gupta, M.D. He makes very good arguments for cooling of heart attach victims. Also no mouth-to-mouth during CPR. Just do chest compressions only and use a defibrillator. It is a fun book to read and a very fast read.
I made an apple crisp again yesterday. It is so good. This is the fourth time I made it; I am getting better at doing it.
I typed 20 pages of Ray's poems this past weekend. I am not going to type anymore as there are too many words I cannot read.
I see a new book by Phillip Pullman, the author of his Dark Material trilogy, which I read on my Kindle when I was in China. His new book is The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ. I will reserve this at the library but there is no American publication date yet. It will be published around Easter in the United Kingdom but no American date set yet. I can also check to see if it is available soon at the Kindle store. I can easily get it there if I want to read it sooner.
Stay dry this week.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment