Monday, November 2, 2009

Good morning

Hi again:

As I look at my bookshelf in my office at my home I gaze upon my canned products:

the purple of the prunes
the yellow of the peaches
the white of the sauerkraut
the brown of the applesauce
the green of the asparagus
the yellow and red of the tomatoes
the paleness of the pears

It was indeed a busy summer for me as I learned how to can fruits and vegetables. I do not like sauerkraut, so the canned stuff I give away to my dad and others who like it. My second batch of sauerkraut is fermenting now, and should be ready the day before Thanksgiving. I canned 5 jars of it with the first batch and will get 4 t0 5 more when this one is finished.

I also froze a crate of strawberries and made some freezer blackberry jam, both of which do not show up on my shelf.

The picture is one of the "oh, s...." ones I have here.

My clothes I hung outside yesterday barely got dry after almost 8 hours outside. My flannel shirt did not get completely dry so I had to hang it inside for another 12 hours to get it dry.

I heard yesterday that only 2% of the people in the U.S. plan to enroll in the public option part of the health care plan. So all of that talk in Congress is much ado about nothing.

I hope your week goes well.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment