Monday, January 4, 2010

We, wet and more wet here

Good morning:

It is wet here, raining all day for the past few days.

The picture here is an apparent reflection in water held in a person's hand.

I need to find some time to start reading my Kindle again. I have 49 pages on it now, mostly articles I move to it. I am not reading a daily newspaper anymore, instead checking out both the New York Times and The Oregonian websites for my news fix every day.

I was up at 3:30 am yesterday but today I woke up at 7:00 am. Coffee and the Internet checking take up too much time every morning. Still no time to check my Kindle.

I am almost finished with Googled: The End of the World as We Knew It. It is a good book. I like to read most books by The New Yorker authors. Ken Auletta is the author of this book.

Google has two themes: "do no evil "and "don't mess with the magic." It is an engineer-driven company but the best company to work for by most surveys.

As I write this I listen to Morning Edition on NPR but I go to the NPR website to add the stories to the play list on my computer instead of listening it on the radio. I hear only the stories I want to hear and I don't have to listen to sponsor links or local news interludes.

I head a story today on NPR about pre-diabetes. Nolan has diabetes, so I am going to test my blood later tonight to see how high my blood sugar is these days.

Have a great week in wet Oregon.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment