Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hump Day again

Hello:

This picture is probably a time-delayed picture of lightening in the desert. A nice picture nevertheless.

Today I downloaded over 40 books to my dad's Kindle. I have it here overnight to put some additional stuff on it. I also added five articles from magazines to his Kindle. This should keep him in reading materials for the next year. He no longer uses his library card to get books from the library. Just the opposite for me.

I am reading Eating Animals by Safran Foer. He does not like factory farms nor does he like factory fishing. I saw this author on C-Span 2 (BookTV) last weekend and got the book from my library.

I finally finished Flash Forward last night. It ended in pure science fiction, as science fiction of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I am sure the TV will not end this way. The book's vision was 30 years in advance; the TV show is 8 months in advance.

Today I recorded the movie The Fountainhead. I do not want to read this large book so I will check out this old movie that showed on TCM (Turner Classic Movies). Besides, I know the author of this book is a libertarian, a political idea that does not appeal to me at all. Just as bad as conservatives in my mind.

Hope your week is going well.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment