Monday, December 28, 2009

The week in between...

Hi again:

The picture here is another from Washington D.C. Too bad I have to use Washington pictures of deer when we have so many here in Oregon.

I am in contact with Mecha Schwindt in Argentina. My grandparents came from Argentina in 1910. I found out today, from a posting on Facebook to me, that there are over 600 Schwindts in Argentina. I think it was probably my grandparents brothers, sisters and cousins there that stayed there after my grandparents moved to the Jordan area, 14 miles southeast of Stayton.

My father will be so surprised at this information.

I had to use the Google translator to find out most of the posts on the Argentina Facebook, although Mecha wrote me in English.

What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Me? Probably reading a book again. I started and finished 3 books this last week. Nothing to watch on TV as most shows are re-runs, so I read.

Now I am reading a 1994 novel, Snow Falling on Cedars. I watched the movie the other night and some places in the movie were confusing so the book will fill that in for me.

I have 3 more books waiting for me at the library but I will not go there until next week in order to give me some time to finish the 3 other books I have here. One is Googled: The End of the World as We Know It. Another is Too Big to Fail and the last one is a book of Chinese recipes. I need to make a copy of two dumpling recipes in this book.

Stay warm and dry.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment