Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween today...

Happy Halloween:

What are your plans for tonight? Me, not much. Probably just reading my book. The Ducks are playing USC starting at 5:00 pm today, but I will periodically check the score. If the Ducks are winning big I will watch the game. If the game is close, my TV stays off.

The picture here is a sombrero galaxy, again taken by the repaired Hubble.

Wolf Hall has a cast of hundreds. I continually refer to the list of characters in the front of the book to see who they are and where they are. Luckily, the list of characters in the book follow the plot line. But the plot line skips years. One chapter is in 1529. The next chapter starts in 1521 and goes to 1529.

Remember to turn your clocks back an hour tonight before you go to bed. It is "Fall back." I do believe Daylight time starts again in early March. I would rather keep Daylight time year-around. In December, we will see it getting dark around 4:30 pm. That it is too early to get dark.

It is Planet of the Apes weekend on Fox Movie Channel this weekend. I watched the original one then I watched Beneath the Planet of the Apes, followed by Escape from the Planet of the Apes. Next is Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. The last one is Battle for the Planet of the Apes. Not a bad day, watching commercial-free movies.

As a side note, I wonder if 20th Century Fox will every change its name to 21st Century Fox.

Have a great Halloween.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment