Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday evening now..


Hi again:
This picture shows St. Louis from the top of the Arch.
It has been raining here all day, without a break. We have four days of summer left and all we see here is rain.
I am more than half way through The Invisible Bridge. It is an excellent novel.
I am watching Fail Safe on TV right now. In high school I read this book every summer as well as Seven Days in May. I also read The Once and Future King every summer.
Working graveyard shift in the cannery, it gave me plenty of time to read every day.
One summer, at the end of summer, I counted the number of pages I read that summer. With not much of a social life working graveyard shift. more than 10,000 pages in many different books.
Now I am reading one to two books a week, mostly from the library again. I was reading on my Kindle 3 quite a bit but too many good books came in to my local library.
I sure hope it drys out over the next few days.
I see the Ducks won big again today. I wrote on a web page I hope the Beavs lose every weekend from here on out. I hate the Beavs. I will never support any team from that stupid school.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment