Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend is ending....





Hello again:

This panda was in Washington D.C., having been born there. But China wanted him back so the officials in D.C. had to give him back. This picture shows him in China now.

I made strawberry/rhubarb crisp. The mixture had too much fluid from the berries so the crisp did not sit on the top like it does when I make an apple crisp. It is very good nevertheless.

I finished Fever Dream. It left at least two big questions unanswered. I see the authors posted a note at the end of this book telling us about the new series they are writing now, with the first book in that series coming out in the winter of 2011. But they go on to say they will still be writing about Agent Pedergrast in future books. They better. The two big questions are very big and the book ended without resolving either one. I will not tell you in case you decide to read this book. If you do then you will have the two same questions I have after reading this book.

I am back to Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century. It is a good history of the first big dam built in the States. It will take me a few days to get through this book, but this is the kind of "biography" I discovered I like to read. It tells me a lot about the early 20th century.

By tomorrow I will have typed 60 pages of the 92 page Sanctification. It is the longest of the three epic poems the late Raymond Geraths wrote. The other two are Creation and Redemption. Both of these two latter poems were only 40 or pages long.

I expect to be finished with Sanctification by early August.

I am expecting a third picking of rhubarb in my two plants I borrowed a year ago.

I am listening to channel 803 on my TV, the 60's Revolution. Music from my time. I like this kind of music. No talking at all; just music all of the time.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment