Sunday, July 4, 2010

A very nice parade

Happy 4th:

This picture comes from the parade in Stayton today. This is along First Street in Stayton. The street was packed with people. My next few posts will have pictures from the parade.

In our parade the participants in the parade carry bags of candy that they throw to the children along the route. Safeway people came by before the parade passing out plastic bags for the children and mothers of smaller children.

I got a few pictures of children getting candy tossed to them.

I will not go to the fireworks tonight. Instead, I will stay in to continue to read my book, Last Call, all about Prohibition. I am surprised at the attitude of the country at the turn of the 20th century. Too many famous people came out for prohibition. Later in this book I am sure I will read about how the attitude change over time to end the ban on alcohol in this fair country.

I do hope you are enjoying your 4th today.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment