Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday afternoon here...




Hello:

Yet another picture from our parade here.

I did finish Red Mars today. I will not read the other two books in this series. It took forever, it seems, for me to get this book finished.

Now I am reading Colossus: Hoover Dam and the Making of the American Century. Now the Colorado River trickles into the Pacific at its end. I can never imagine this happening in Oregon. We will never sell any water from the Columbia River to California.

I am listening to NPR now on my computer. There is a story about China and Christianity there. Tomorrow there will be a story on Catholics in China. I don't know if this will be on Morning Edition or All Things Considered in the afternoon. I am assuming it is on the afternoon show, ATC.

I am eating some of my canned peaches. I have over 10 quarts left over from last year. I will not can as many this year.

I want to get some marionberries yet this summer. I will get some prunes later to can and dry here. This year I plan to dry 40 pounds of prunes. Last summer I dried 10 pounds of prunes that did not last very long.

I will make sauerkraut later this summer. I don't eat this stuff, but others like it. It is so easy to make so I will make at least two batches of it.

No rain yesterday and none in the future now.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment