Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday afternoon here...



Hello again:

This picture is Hoover Dam. I have never seen it but the lake behind it is getting lower and lower. So low, you can see the Native American drawings on some the walls formerly covered by water.

I am reading Red Mars, and it is a good book. In the first chapter one of the main characters is killed. Now, half way through this book, it is the back story of the year-long trip to Mars and landing there, setting up house, and go about living there. The book is not up the first chapter yet.

I would call this book literary science fiction. The writer makes it with verisimilitude.

After this book comes Green Mars and the final book is Blue Mars.

I hope to read each book in two to three days.

I am making my own coffee each morning now. I grind my own beans and make my coffee in a French press. It tastes so very good made this way.

I do hope your week is going well.

Steven



No comments:

Post a Comment