Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mid-week now...

Good morning:

This hole is for the older people reading this blog, like this writer. I am now 60 years old, but I feel no older than 40. A few years ago my cousin told me, as she was then 60, that 60 is the new 40.

I am now reading a book called Shell Games: Rogues, Smugglers, and the Hunt for Nature's Bounty. It is about people who steal fish, clams and other stuff from nature to sell on the black market and to Asia. This book came from the Silver Falls library, part of the regional library we have here. My other two books here from the library also came from Silver Falls library.

This book is about Puget Sound but does have traffic coming to Oregon to sell their illegal catches.

There is a new book out now that I got on my Kindle. Phillip Pullman, the author of the Dark Materials trilogy, now has written a book called The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ. I heard about it on NPR yesterday morning. Pullman is an atheist and got the idea for the book from the Archbishop of Canterbury.

This novel has two characters: Jesus and his twin Christ. Jesus is the carpenter turned preacher and Christ is in the background who writes about his brother, making up miracles and telling other lies about his brother. This is my kind of truth, even though this is a novel. I treat the bible as a novel too, nothing even close to the truth. Nice stories in the new testament, but none are true.

It is will be nice for the rest of this week. and it is about time we get some good days in a row.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment