Monday, May 10, 2010

Jury duty,,,,but not even chosen


What you see here is a mural, a drawing completely, including the broken wall. Quite pretty. I have other murals I will post here later.
My jury duty was a big waste of time. I did read my Kindle, reading more than 10 articles, getting from 76 pages, to 74 pages. I was not chosen among the first group that went out at 9:00 am. At 10:00 the jury coordinator announced the next 12 would be excused. I was among that group. The remaining jurors went with her to the courthouse. So between 8:00 am and 10:30 am I earned $16.40. That is $10.00 for the day and $6.40 for mileage.
I did not sleep well last night, so at noon today I took an hour nap. That nap helped me greatly.
I finished Shell Games a shocking book on poaching in the Pacific Northwest.
My next book is Pearl of China by the author who wrote Red Azaleas. I read this latter novel last month. It was about China during the Cultural Revolution.
I planted two Willamette tomato plants over the weekend. I think these plants are determinant, not indeterminate. If the former, then the tomatoes come on all at once. If indeterminate, the tomatoes come out over a period of time. I do plan on getting more plants as I want to can the excess tomatoes.
I believe oil companies should be prevented from drilling in deep water until they have ways to immediately control a blowout. This tragedy is very bad. I think BP should be closed down, sold and the money used to pay for cleanup over the next 10 to 20 years. What do you right-wingers think about this idea?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment