Thursday, May 13, 2010

H now...

Hi again:

No, this is not a boat in a small garage; it is a garage door, painted on top of the door.

I am now reading Winston's War: Churchill 1940-1945. I like reading about World War II as I like reading about China. I read two of William Manchester's biographies of Winston Churchill but he got sick before he could finish the last volume. The second volume of Manchester's book ends as World War II is getting ready to start. In the first chapter of this book I am reading tells about the failure of British troops to win even one battle in the early war. Dunkirk happens very early in war, as German troops over-run the Brits, French and other Allied troops.

I finished Pearl of China early this morning. The last few chapters of this novel brought tears to my eyes. I had to wait to finish the last chapter of this book to this morning as it was getting to me too much last night.

I had a bifurcated night again. I got up at 4:00 this morning. By 6:30 I was back in bed for two more hours. It was because of this book. I wanted to finish it so I got up early to do that.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment