Friday, June 25, 2010

The weekend nears...

Hello:

This picture is Pioneer Park. Before the Columbus Day storm you could not see through this park. The storm knocked down over 100 big trees. I was able to walk from the parking lot to the creek without touching the ground the day after the storm.

I cleaned one crate of strawberries and made biscuits. Making biscuits is a messy process. I learned, after the fact, to roll out dough with roller but to first sprinkle Bisquick over the top of it before rolling it. Now I know the next time I make biscuits.

With these strawberries, I am making shortcake and freezer jam. Tomorrow I will use the second crate for the freezer.

I ate my lunch already but I have a strawberry shortcake waiting for me this afternoon.

These Oregon strawberries are so different from the ones you buy in the store either from California or Florida. So much softer and a taste that explodes in your mouth.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment