Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Feel like June 1????


Hello:
This cartoon tells it all. Today I am not the only one who believes BP should be taken over by the government. A commentator on MSN proposed just that.
Now it appears this leak will continue until August when a relief well is finished. 42 days so far and now another 60 to 75 days more?????? Take over BP and pay for it from their profits and their assets.
I finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. This is such a good book.
Now I am reading War by Sebastian Junger. I am reading this even though I oppose both wars strongly. We have no business in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I am reading this book only to see the horror of that war. It is "preaching to the converted" in my case.
I have Candyfreaak reserved at the library. I read this book a few years ago, but Steve Almond has paragraph in there about eating unsweetened chocolate. I will quote it again once I get this book.
Even though I a very strong liberal now, in high school I was a Goldwater republican. Dennis getting killed in Vietnam was only one thing that turned me liberal. I have a strong sense of social justice, that government can help us in many ways.
I have two other books here to read before getting my other books at the library. I have The China Lover and The Windup Girl. Both of these novels I found about searching the library site.
June 1 feels like March 1 here. Cold and wet here.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment