Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer is here...I am sure????

Hello again:

Summer is here although you cannot tell by being outside. It is not raining but it not warm yet either. If no rain in the next few days then I plan to spray the lawn to get rid of the weeds.

The picture here is your outhouse. In the middle of the night you better not be half asleep...

For some reason I slept 12 hours last night. I don't know if it was the two Black Butte Porter beers I drank at my brother's yesterday or the cold pill I took upon returning home.

The Boy Who Would Be Shakespeare is such a good book. This happened in 1795; Shakespeare died in 1616.

The Bard did not leave any personal writings. His First Folio was published seven years after he died. Cheap in 1795, one sold a few years ago for $5 million. We never see any personal writings of Shakespeare. Paper was somewhat rare back in his days so it was reused by getting the ink off of the paper and using it again.

After I finish this book my next book is Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition. I read another book on Prohibition but this author is one I like to read: Daniel Okrent.

I do hope it gets warm soon.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment