Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday afternoon...


Hello:
Today has been a slow day here. Not much happening. I was able to hang my washing outside today as we got no rain today, even though it looked like it may rain at times.
I am reading China in the 21st Century That Everyone Needs to Know. As you know I like reading books on China. The librarian at our library alerted me to this book so now I have it. I agree with much he says about China but not all. China is about the same size as the United States, but has 1.4 billion people. Most are located in the big cities of China. But unlike the U.S. China has almost 4 million people who live in abject poverty. Poverty that we cannot imagine. Certainly China as new middle class and a small rich class, but until it can bring everyone up a notch or two, it will never be a power in the world. Plus the stupid Communists there run a dictatorship. The freedoms we take for granted here are denied outright in China. I could go on a long rant on what is wrong with China, but long-time readers of this blog know my feelings already.
We ran out of propane so I am broiling two big pieces of chicken for dinner tonight. Normally I would cook my chicken on the grill outside, but with no propane here, the oven is my choice tonight.
I use a thermometer to determine when the chicken is done. It must get to 165 degrees before it is done.
I am recording Memento right now. I found that movie so interesting when it came out a few years ago. I may watch it later tonight.
What are your plans for the weekend? I found 3 garage sales to bike to tomorrow.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment