Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday now...



Hi:
The bottom picture, so small, is the audience of the Globe Theatre in England.
The top picture is a spring day in Stayton.
I finished The Big Burn this morning. Took a little longer than I expected but it is such a good book, not very long, but quite informative. Read about 1910 fire in Montana and Idaho.

I have 10 more books from my library here now. My next book is Impeached: The Trial of President Andrew Johnson and the Fight for Lincoln's Legacy.
I have two books from the library on the terra cotta warriors found just outside of Xi'an China. I will decide which book to read after I finish Impeached.
When I do back to China I will go to Xi'an to photograph the terra cotta warrior museum there. I was there on my first trip to China, with my new camera. I lost the pictures I took there when I tried to transfer them to my computer. Somehow I made a mistake when I tried to transfer the pictures to my computer there.
Today is the first day the Pony Express rode across the west. But did you realize that the Pony Express lasted only a year and a half. The telegraph overtook the Pony Express, ending it 18 months later. But it lives on in legend. A TV show a few years ago lasted 3 years on TV, twice as long as the Pony Express lasted.
Time for a bike ride if it not raining out now.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment