Monday, August 31, 2009

Good morning...


Hello:
The picture here shows my canned peaches as well as three quarts of what I call my peach syrup. All sealed properly. I am glad to have these ready for this winter.
I did finish The Magicians last night. A good book, sort of like an adult Harry Potter. The group here are college-age people. Some get killed, some give up their magic and others try to recruit the recalcitrant ones.
Two weeks from tomorrow The Lost Symbol comes out. I have two books here to read during next two weeks. I started The Wilderness Warrior last night, but this book is 900 pages. 50 pages into it I fell asleep. I wonder if this is like watching sausage getting made. Too much detail how Teddy Roosevelt became a conservationist. It is good to read about the politics and life in the late 19th century and the early 20th century.
Time to start work here.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment