Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hi again



The picture here is one of the electric cars from the meeting we went to last Thursday. All were 12 volts systems. This one gets only 38 miles between charges. Good only for city driving.
We got peaches this morning, 52 pounds of them. I plan to can most of them. This will be my first effort canning peaches by myself. I watched my mother then I watched my wife can peaches, so I think I can copy what I saw. I need to know how to make the syrup for peaches. I will email my ex-wife to ask her for the recipe for syrup.
Yesterday I was looking for large mouth lids and rings. Safeway only had small mouth lids, so I stopped at Ace Hardware here in Stayton, I paid $4.49 for a package of small mouth lids and rings at Safeway. Ace wanted $9.00 for large mouth lids and rings, so I want to Bi-Mart, which had the same lids and rings for $4.49. I cannot believe Ace is so expensive.
I am almost finished with Book of William, about the First Folio. I did get a question of what a folio is. It is the book form early book of plays took. Individual plays were usually make in to quatros, paper folded twice (again remember the scene in Shakespeare in Love, where she sees Shakespeare's completed copy of Romeo & Juliet; she opened it twice to read the play).
I found out there at least 230 First Folios. Number One is held by the Folger Library in Washington D.C. It took the author three days to see this copy, considered by everyone the first First Folio created in 1632, just a few years after Shakespeare's death in 1616. It is considered the first because it is dedicated to a person who knew Shakespeare and acted with him when Shakespeare was alive.
Check a few days ago on this blog site for what is in the First Folio. Not all of Shakespeare's plays are there; in fact look at the list, you can tell just by reading it of the absent ones. Where is Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet, Othello, all of the early Henry plays...
My next book is one by Ben Mezrich, The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook, Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal.
If you are on Facebook, look me up and list me as one of your friends. Among my friends are Dan Brown and The New Yorker. I also have another friend who likes to play Robin Hood. Another friend plays fishing world and petting zoo.
Suppose to be much cooler by this weekend.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment