Saturday, August 15, 2009

Simply too cold today & a Correction

Hi:

First the correction: yesterday I quoted a figure of how many people from the country moved to the cities in China. I said it was about 3,000,000. I left out a few zeros. It is more like almost 200,000,000 country side people moved to the cities of China. Shanghai got around 2,000,000 of them. Guandong, across the harbor from Hong Kong, got nearly 40,000,000 of them.

This was the biggest migration in our history. I wonder, as I mentioned, what has happened to many of them when the demand in the U.S. dried up. I am still searching for articles on the economic crisis in China.

It is so cold out today I think it is November now. A dry day in November is what this feels like today. I took a chance to hang my clothes outside after I washed them. I like the way my close feel and smell after drying outside instead of drying them in the clothes dryer.

The picture here again shows the complexity of an electric car.

I just ate my oatmeal with raisins in it. Quick Oats this time instead of the old fashioned ones I usually get. I do like the old fashioned oats better.

I do have page on Facebook now. Just search for me if you are Facebook.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment