Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday now...

Hello:

I made snicker doodle cookies over the past weekend. Mine are not a round and fluffy as the ones I bought at the used book sale, but this is my first effort.

I am sure a Kitchen Aid mixer would have helped me, especially the dough hook attachment. I wonder if every thing got mixed together as I prepared the cookies. I will check on Craigslist to see what one costs these days. I know my ex-wife got on as a wedding gift when we got married, but she is probably still using it as she was one of the best cooks I ever met.

I finished The Surgeon late last week. The ending shows up on the TV show on TNT of Rissoli and Isles. I have 3 more books here I got at the used book sale at the used book store in early September. I also ordered three more books from the library. I know The Surgeon started the series but I must figure out the order the next six books.

Now I am reading The Tiger, a true story of a Siberian tiger attach in eastern Russia. The attach seems like vengeance to me. I will not give away the entire story, but it starts with a friend of the victim finding what is left of his friend. The tiger not only attacked this person but the tiger also destroyed his cabin and out-buildings. The officials there first thought the victim shot and killed the cub of a female tiger. But the paw prints were just too big for a female. I am about half way through this book.

My plan now is to read, alternatively, a book from the library, a book in my Kindle 3 and a book from my private collection.

But I fear I will break this new tradition right away. My next book is one the three books you would want to take back to the Renaissance, The Sixteen Pleasures. I got this from the library.

Waiting for me at the library is the 1,000 page book Fall of Giants, the new Ken Follet book. After reading a review of this book on my Kindle today, from The New York Times, I think I will wait to see the movie or wait until all 3 books of this trilogy come out. Follet moved from the Middle Ages to the start of the 20th century with this new trilogy.

How was your weekend? Feel free to leave a comment on this site. When you scroll down to the bottom of a post you see where you can leave a comment. Either do that or send me an email at schwindt68@hotmail.com

Pictures will come in my next post.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment