Saturday, October 2, 2010

Big haul at book sale today

Hi again:

I went to the used book sale at the Community Center. Here is a list of books I got for $5.00 per bag. I got one bag of books:

The Elements of Editing
Rhymes of the City of Roses
Cliff Notes for The Scarlet Letter
Handbook on Haiku
My Beloved: Classic Messages of Love
Leadership and the One Minute Manager
Chinese Dishes
Better Homes & Garden Best Wok Recipes
Step by Step Chinese Cooking
The Oregon Trawlfish and Shrimp Story
World's Best Fish and Seafood Recipes
Vegetable Dishes
Home Canning of Meat
Reverse Diabetes with Food
Eat to Beat Diabetes
Better Homes & Garden New Cook Book
No Regrets: Junior League of Portland
Single and Single: A Novel
Therapy: A Novel
The Navigator: A Novel
Seven Days in May: A Novel
The Andromeda Strain
Burr: A Novel
Crock Pot Cooking
Pillars of the Earth
The Spies of Warsaw
Elements of Management (as a Kindle cover, not to read)

Quite the list. Some novels on this list I read in the past but many years ago. Two others I plan to use as gifts in the coming Christmas season.

I bought some snicker doodle cookies yesterday. I never ate one before, so I went online to find the recipe. I made a batch today. Mine do not raise like the ones I bought. But this is the first time I made these cookies.

I am almost finished with The Surgeon, the first book of Detective Rossili. It is a good novel.

How is your weekend going.

Mine is going fine.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment