Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday, Monday.,..so good to be...

Hi:

I read and finished The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Phil Pullman. This author creates identical twins, Jesus and Christ. Jesus is the teacher and the one who claims the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Jesus, in the garden before he is betrayed (not that this ever happened) he claims what I claim: you talk and talk to God but she never answers us. Jesus complains bitterly about this. All talk on one part and no one answers. Christ stays in the background, writing the stories Jesus tells, or somewhat.

Pullman believes like I believe, there was no resurrection. In this book Jesus is killed but his body is stolen, giving the impression of a resurrection. Christ then takes the place of the missing Jesus, and leaves them after 40 days to live elsewhere with a new wife and his new children.

In the end, Pullman talks about myths. Myths are what the gospels are and a myth is what Pullman writes.

His story makes as much sense to me what you see in the gospels.

Now I am reading The Quants, a story of the math experts who started the hedge funds and almost destroyed the stock market in 2007.

Both of these books are on my Kindle 3.

I am heading on to Costco soon.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment