Sunday, August 22, 2010

Yet another nice summer day




Good morning:

Here is my upside down tomato. It has nine tomatoes on it now. You can see some of them in this picture. I did cut off some of the foliage from this plant, to give more energy to the fruit rather than to the leaves. You can also see how the fruit is forcing the limbs down on the plant.

I have to water this plant 3 times a day during the hot days. This plant got much better after I fertilized it. I am using Miracle Grow for Tomatoes and other Vegetables.

I cut my fourth cutting off my rhubarb yesterday. I may try to freeze this cutting. I wonder if I can freeze it raw or whether I must cook it first then freeze it. Write me if you can give me any suggestions at schwindt68@hotmail.com

I will finish Map of Bones today. It certainly is a page-turner with the good guys getting attacked nearly in every chapter. They are now searching for the grave of Alexander the Great. Previously they were attacked at a church, in the Smithsonian, in a catacomb and at the Vatican. That is the first half of this book.

Once I finish this book my next book is The Great Typo Hunt: Two Friends Changing the Word, One Cor-ection at a Time. I head one of the authors on Fresh Air on NPR a few weeks ago.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment