Monday, August 30, 2010

Beginning of the week...


Hello:

This picture explains my feelings on same sex marriages. None of our business. Who cares who marries whom??

I am having trouble connecting to hotmail today. It is running a "timeout error." I don't know what that means.

I am catching up on magazine articles on my Kindle 3. So much easier to read on it than my Kindle 1.

I read an article on Deliverance, the novel by James Dickey. In that article the writer said "He drinks oceanically." I never saw that last word before. I looked up. It is the adjective to "ocean." It means "any unbounded expanse or quantity."

Unlike Lord of the Flies or To Kill a Mockingbird, Deliverance is not read in schools. The violence and other things in the novel prevent it from being a good read for high school students.

We convinced our English teacher at Regis High School to let us read Lord of the Flies instead of the scheduled book for our junior year in high school. We had a great time reading it and a great discussion of this book. Our English teacher was a nun too.

It rained today, something it not suppose to do in August in western Oregon. We are not suppose to get any measurable rain in August.

Have a good week.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment