Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday evening now...




Hi again:

This picture shows the International Space Station, probably taken by a Shuttle.

It has been cool here the past 3 days. Today it seemed like rain when I went to the store after dinner.

I am now reading Last Night in Montreal. It is a novel I heard about on NPR, a novel about a young girl who is kidnapped by her father. He takes her all over the U.S. and Canada. As the novel starts she is married and living in New York. One day she is leaves and does not come back. The remaining part of the novel is the back story of her journeys. I am more than half way through it and I cannot predict how it will end. This is the kind of book I like to read, where I cannot predict the ending.

I now have 3 tomatoes on my upside-down plant. I wonder what it will do when the tomatoes get bigger. I will post a picture when the tomatoes are nearly ripe.

I want my in ground tomatoes to ripen soon. I have quite bunch on those two plants and I want to eat a bacon and tomato sandwich on toast. (No lettuce for me.)

The tomatoes are changing color from dark green to a lighter green now, so I think they will start to ripen as soon as the warmer weather hits again.

We are cold here every morning the past 3 days. It warms up later in the day, but not nearly as high as it should be getting for being well into August.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment