Thursday, August 12, 2010

The weekend comes soon


Hi again:

This picture shows the alphabet by pencil leads. I have a bunch of these pictures that I will post in the coming days.

Bill, my friend in Eugene, keeps sending me great emails with pictures, the most of which I can post here.

I made a chocolate cake today and I put my cooked rhubarb in it. Makes the cake taste so much more.

I am now reading The Book of William: How Shakespeare's First Folio Conquered the World. This book starts with a sale of a first folio and then proceeds back in time to after his death when two of his compatriots get the first folio published. A folio is folded just once. A quarto is folded four times. This is what you saw in Shakespeare in Love when he presented Romeo & Juliet to his love. It was in quarto form, as we see her unfold it four times to read it.

I may go fishing this weekend. Not much else happening here so fishing it is.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment