Thursday, December 23, 2010

H of xxxxx week

Hi:

I am doing nothing on xxxx day on Saturday. No great one was born on that day, certainly not jc. The church hijacked a pagan holiday to make a Catholic holiday.

On a related matter, how did we end up with our current calender? Dennis the Little, in the 10th century, was instructed to start a new calender to set a more exact time of easter. So he set Easter as the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox (the start of spring). This lives on to this day.

Why do I have no faith? I wonder why....these two examples are but part of my lack of faith.

I visited my cousin today. Marlene had a stroke about 10 years ago. She cannot talk very easily nor can she walk. I pushed her around the garden area outside, but not much to see this time of year.

Reading my book on Sherlock. It is an excellent novel.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment