Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday afternoon here...


Hi:
It is cold here, 20 degrees early this morning...at 3:15 am. when I arose.
Another bifurcated night, up at 3:15 am and back to bed around 5:30. I just do not know why I wake up in the middle of the night. I went to bed after 11:00 pm last night.
I did finish Hell's Corner last night. Yet another great novel from David Baldacci.
I am now reading The Blind Side. I saw the movie a month ago and wondered about the truth of the movie. Michael Lewis wrote this book. I have read three other books by this author and now this is the fourth one. The book is nonfiction. I am about 100 pages into it, and it more detailed than the movie. The only factual difference between the book and movie so far is that the father first contacts Michael Oher, not the children or the mother as the movie shows.
I was debating about reading this book as it is like making sausage. Too much detail on football dynamics. I do not watch football on TV (except for my Number 1 Ducks); I have not watched a professional game in decades, probably since the mid-1980's.
I don't watch basketball on TV either. I do watch an occasional baseball game where I can read during the non-action parts of the game.
Have a great weekend.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment