Sunday, November 7, 2010

Picture of the day


My applesauce-making process. On the left are the quart jars of filled applesauce. In the middle is my apple corer. It takes out the core and splits the apple into eight pieces.

To the right is my blue bowel which I fill up with cut apples. I add 1/2 cup of sugar, one cup of water, lemon juice and cinnamon to taste. Nuke for seven minutes. Stir the apples. Nuke for another 7-8 minutes. Then use a potato masher to mash up the apples. I don't take the peal off the apples. This makes lumpy applesauce, the best kind I like. I got six quarts of applesauce canned yesterday. I have enough apples to can another two to three more quarts but I will use those apples to eat fresh and to make an apple crisp.

The best sound is the "pop" you hear when each jar seals.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment