Sunday, November 7, 2010

Perfect day yesterday

Hi:

It was a perfect Saturday yesterday for me. My Number 1 Ducks beat them Dawgs. Plus OSU lost to a team the Number 1 Ducks destroyed.

Last week The Oregonian said the Number 1 Ducks could get 100 points on the board against the ineffective Beavs. I don't think it will get that high, but it will be a big win by double figures with the Ducks getting into the 50 or 60 points.

I still have a bad cough and slight cold.

I am spending most of my time reading The New York Times on my Kindle. I am just finsishing Saturday's Times now, so I have not downloaded the Sunday Times yet. I am getting a two month free subscription to the Times so I will read it every day.

I have no appetite with this cold. Good thing.

I made six quarts of applesauce yesterday. It is so good to hear the "pop" of each quart jar sealing. Everything I have canned, both last summer and this summer, sealed perfectly.

I gave my dad a quart of the new applesauce I made yesterday. He says he likes to make pancakes in the morning and put my applesauce on it. Sounds like a good plan once my appetite returns.

I was not feeling well last night so I went to bed early. Changing my clocks before going to bed, I noticed it was 7:30 pm when I wen to bed. Ended up getting up at 4:30 this morning.

Have any of you ever heard of candy cane crystals? I am going to Safeway later to try to find some. Oddly enough, on the KindleKorner website there is a discussion of Christmas drinks. This is a creamer you put in your coffee. I usually don't put anything in my black coffee but these sounds interesting. I will let you know how it turns out if I can find candy cane crystals.

Have a great week.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment