Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Day before T. D.

Hello:

I rode my bike to Safeway this afternoon, but it is very cold out. I had my bike gloves on but it was so cold. It is only about a 1/4 of a mile from our house. So it takes only five minutes on my bike to get there.

I heard on NPR this morning that you should not cook a turkey as one. Take apart the breast, the legs, wings and thighs. I wanted to find one already taken apart, but not finding any, I bought just a young turkey breast. At eight pounds, it will provide a lot of sandwiches for me. I will cook it on Friday here, as I am going to my brother's place tomorrow for dinner there.

I am now reading Tears of a Clown: Glenn Beck and the Tea Bagging of America. It is a good book cutting him down, just like Al Franken did to Rush in Rush is a Big Fat Idiot.

I would never read a book that treats Beck as a good guy.

I am way too liberal for Beck and his ilk.

I also do not believe the Catholic Church has a big enough tent to include me. I do not believe in the christmas myth nor do I believe in a resurrection. I have no faith at all. I am purely rational and humanistic.

I am selling my Kindle 1 to a friend who wants to give it to her daughter-in-law for Christmas. I am no longer using it, since I have my new Kindle 3 with me now.

Happy Turkey Day to all of you.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment