Saturday, February 26, 2011

Very cold here...

Hi again:

It was 9 degrees here this morning when I got up. We have an indoor/outdoor one, that shows both inside and outside. Right now, at 3:15 pm on Saturday it is only 20 degrees outside now. The snow is disappearing now, subliming away in this cold weather.

Read an article today on the drought in norther China where the country's wheat is grown. No rain for many months and yesterday just a brief snow dusting. This is what the commies fear the most, food costs and not enough food to feed the 1.4 billion people in China. Remember China is about the same size as the United States but with four times as many people as the U.S.

The two cities I lived in China were both bigger than the entire population of Oregon. Shanghai has over 18 million people. Xi'an has over 4 million people.

Continue reading my Kindle 3 today. So many new articles I put on there over the past two weeks, I need to read them. I estimate I have over 250 books on my Kindle now; it can hold 3,500 books, or so Amazon says. I will not ever get that many books on it. I am more discreet now on the free books I put on. When free ebooks first started showing up, I downloaded many of them. Now, I read what the ebook is about before downloading it. Today I got a free ebook on publishing on the Kindle.

I have put five books on the Kindle page already. I have three more in the works. It is easy to get a book on the Kindle page, but promoting it is another matter. For example, with the poems of the late Raymond Geraths, I created a blog for his poems. For Nolan's ebook on a tax guide for the small business I also created a blog for it too. According to what I learned, I should also create a website for each but I do not know how to do that.

Cold out still. Are we expecting more snow this weekend?

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment