Friday, July 31, 2009

Cooler this morning...


Hi again:
The two pictures here are from Santiam Summerfest. The top picture is an old car at the old car show.
The second picture is the Gardner House, now a bread and breakfast. It used to be a flower shop but before that it was a house owned by the Gardners. It is old house, from the early 20th century. We have five old houses in Stayton. I will take some pictures of the others to post here.
It is finally cooling down here. Only to get to 90 degrees today. It is still hot.
What are your plans for the coming weekend?
We have a series of concerts starting Tuesday August 8 and on the next 2 Tuesdays after that. I plan on going with a lawn chair and a picnic.
I am going to publish this blog on the Kindle publishing page. It is for sale to Kindle owners for 99 cents. I don't think anyone will buy it but it will be nice to have it there.
I copy a lot of essays to my Kindle by emailing to Kindle, getting back an email then transferring it to my Kindle. I get the essays and articles from The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Economist, and The New York Review of Books. Now I must find the time to read them.
I am finishing up the umpire book I told you about yesterday.
My next book will be You Are Here: Why We Can Find Our Way to the Moon, but Get Lost in the Mall by Colin Ellard.
My next book will be How I Became a Famous Novelist, a novel that is suppose to be so funny one should not be drinking liquids while reading it.
Later today I am making iced coffee. I love the way it tastes.
Hope your last day of the work week goes well for you.
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment