Friday, July 24, 2009

The weekend arrives....


Hi:
The picture here is a person cleaning fish on the Newport dock. I am taking the picture from above as she cleans rock fish from a recently-returned charter.
Tomorrow here in Stayton is Summerfest, the successor to the Bean Festival of old. The Bean Festival celebrated the pole bean and its prominence here in the 1950's, 1960's and early 1970's. Stayton Canning Company, now NORPAC, was the world's largest processor of pole beans. I picked pole beans from about age 10 to age 15. At age 16 I could start working in the cannery.
I will take my camera with me tomorrow as I tour Summerfest here.
I have been watching Torchwood: Children of the Earth on BBC/America this week. Tonight is the last episode of the miniseries. I understand that this may be Torchwood 4 or 5, with other series preceding it. I can download Torchwood episodes on iTunes, so I may try that tomorrow to see if I can find older series of this TV show from Britain.
It is suppose to get to triple digits over the next 3 days. We shall see...
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment