Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good morning

Hi again:

The picture here is an electric car, in a sense. The Shriners came to Stayton for the parade.

I just finished Hannibal Rising, the story of how Hannibal Lector came about. An interesting story, much better than the successor to Silence of the Lambs, his book called Hannibal.

I am now reading The King of Vodka: The Story of Pyotr Smirnov and the Upheaval of an Empire. He mirrors the end of the empire in Russia and the start of the Russian Revolution.

The next book I want to read is So Long as Men Can Breathe: the Untold Story of Shakespeare's Sonnets.

I usually like to read novels in the summer but these two books are so interesting I want to read each of them now.

I watch some of the hearing for the new Supreme Court justice. It is too much like "inside baseball" in that it is a bunch of lawyers asking stupid questions. It is just face time for the R's on TV. It is a foregone solution that she will be confirmed.

Time for some breakfast here.


Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment