Wednesday, June 1, 2011

W today

Hi again:

I went to bed last night at 7:00 pm and got up this morning at 5:00 am.  Ten hours is what I needed to get over this stomach flu.  I have not eaten in three days and I still not hungry. 

One good thing about this stomach bug is that I have lost 10 pounds.  Too bad I cannot keep losing weight once I am over this bug. 

This picture is from the Beijing subway.  James Fallows showed this on his email to me.  Look closely and see if you can find where you are. 

In exactly two weeks I leave for China again. 

It feels like it is well past noon as I write this but it not yet 10:00 am here. 

I am reading the latest book by James Stewart, called Tangled Webs.  Shows four people who led to the meltdown in recent years.

I am listening to Morning Edition now. There is a story about an Oregon woman who went asleep during a dental procedure.  When she woke up she had an English accent.  It is called Foreign Accent Syndrome.  What an interesting story.

I have hanged my towel and my new jeans outside today after washing them.  I wonder if they will dry in this wet atmosphere. 

Enjoy the rest of this week.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment