Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday today...

Hello again:

This picture shows the Stayton sign from it southern border.  The North Santiam River is just beyond this sign. 

It is another nice day outside.   I am heading to the store soon.

I am watching 2001: A Space Odyssey.  I want to read the last book in this series, 3001, The Final Odyssey.  I see it is at our library, but the library is closed now.  I will get this book on Monday.

I have only one book on my reserve list at the library and I doubt I will get it before I leave.  That book is the latest James Bond novel, written this time by Jeffrey Deever.  I have not read a James Bond novel since high school.  The name of this new book is Carte Blanche  We shall see if it comes in next week.

My cranberry pie is wonderful to eat.  It eat one piece a day.  This is something I will miss when in China.  I am taking my recipe file with me to China.  I doubt even Walmart there has what I need to make this.

I leave on Wednesday, June 22 at 9:30 pm.  I arrive in China two days later at 11:50 am.  Two days with no sleep.  I will try to sleep on the plane, but it will be hard.

Have a great weekend.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment