Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mid-week now...

Hi:

I tried to make chocolate shortbread cookies today, but it did not work out. A very simple recipe: 2 sticks of butter, 3/4 cup of sugar, mixed together until creamy. Then add 1 and 3/4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of chocolate powder. I apparently did not mix the butter and sugar together well enough. I am suppose to make it creamy but it was not like that. My batter ended up dry so I could not make balls of the stuff. So I added some vegetable oil to it make it bound together. Well.....I tried....

My back is still sore so no coffee again today. I have no coffee or tea since Sunday. It is day-to-day thing.

I am now reading The Inner Circle by Brad Meltzer. I need a good novel to get back into reading for a long time. I have been reading articles on my Kindle, not books.

I am still not very hungry these days. I had breakfast at 7:00 this morning, a small waffle. For lunch I made some french fries and chicken nuggets. I got this stuff last week when reading The French Fry Connection, a series of articles in The Oregonian in 1999. I found it on their website and copied it to my Kindle to read it again. Made me hungry for french fries. I know, a strange connection...

Once again, downloaded Morning Edition stories early today and forgot to listen to them. Had to add ATC to the list and will hopefully listen to both shows tonight.

Tomorrow starts the March birthdays in my family. Randy, my youngest brother is March 3. My dad's birthday is this Sunday. My younger brother Kenny is the next day. My ex-wife is the 11th. One of my ex-girlfriend's from Eugene is March 12. My late mother is March 19. Then comes my son Jeffrey, March 28 and my oldest son Dr. Brandon, March 29.

During a break in the rain here, I made a trip to the library on my bike. I would rather ride my bike to the store and library. Tomorrow a trip to the store.

Enjoy your March.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment