Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today is U...

Hi:

It is raining here again.

I am reading The Atlantic, the book on the smaller of the two oceans. I saw in the book a reference to a poem by John Donne, called The Storm. I found it online and then downloaded it to my Kindle 3. The poem is short but a very good poem.

I am amazed I search for poems now. As I told you yesterday I read The Raven by Poe. I have a folder on my Kindle called Poems. The folder has 21 items on it. I also put on Kindle The Charge of the Light Brigade. I read it a few times too.

I also have Mark Anthony's speech over the body of Caesar from Julius Caesar, the "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, led me your ears...I have come to bury Caesar not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones; so let it be with Caesar..."

The other famous poem I have on it is Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Coleridge. Yet another great poem.

Have a great week.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment