Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday evening here...

Hi:

It is Sunday evening here. It has rained here all day. So no going out today.

I am now reading The Devil and Sherlock Holmes, a series of true stories by a New Yorker writer. The first article is the basis of the novel of The Sherlockian, a novel I read about two months ago. A Sherlock expert is found dead in his hotel room and the search starts for the person who killed him. But soon some people believe the Sherlock expert committed suicide. Both an interesting true story and a subsequent novel.

I have three books here based on China.

One is The Lost and Forgotten Languages of Shanghai.

The second one is Hello Kitty Must Die.

The last one is Mao's Great Famine: The History of China's Most Devastating Catastrophe, 1958-1962.

I ordered Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China from our library. I read this book before going to China the first time. A good history of China during the Communist government. I want to read this book again.

Time go start reading again.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment